Post Op Instructions For Temporary Crowns
- It is very important that the temporary crown remain in place while the lab is preparing your permanent crown. Please follow these instructions to maintain your temporary crown.
- Avoid sticky foods such caramel, chewing gum etc. as they can cause the temporary to become loose.
- Avoid hard foods such as hard pretzels, hard bread or hard candies as the temporary is made of plastic and could break.
- If the temporary crown comes off, place some Vaseline inside where the cement is and place back on tooth. If Vaseline is not available use a small amount of toothpaste. This will hold the temp in place until you can be seen by Dr. Wynne-Hall. Call the office to inform of us of the temp coming off.
- When flossing drag the floss through the space instead of popping it out. Flossing in the usual up and down direction will dislodge the temp.
- Initially you may experience some cold sensitivity but this should diminish within a few days.